Monday, August 1, 2011

Before the wind started...

We've had a bit of south-easterly wind over the last few days. Sunny and mild, but not the nicest weather for snorkelling or swimming, so there has been lots of school work done, books read and some baking done too. I managed to cook my first loaf of bread on Lucey Blue, and by some miracle it turned out beautifully!


Before the wind started up, we also got in a bit more snorkelling...


... choosing the best spot


... no wonder things were looking a bit foggy to me that day!





Parrotfish...


The last shot is very murky, but if you squint a bit I think you should be able to see the turtle. This was as close as I got to it before it rocketed off into the distance...


PS. Phone and internet connection is very, very patchy of late. This post was uploaded in tiny installments over a couple of hours. So if you can't get through to us....that'll be why.

2 comments:

tux said...

You found my weakness - BREAD! Looks yummy. Your pictures continue to amaze me. Awesome!!

Sam said...

Thanks very much tux!

I am having fun capturing the pics to help remember this journey.

The bread was a big surprise. I was sure it was going to be inedible. I'll try and post the recipe and instructions at some point, it was very, very easy to make.

:-)