Sunday, September 27, 2015

Michaelmas Cay - "Now I can PowerDive"!

On our last afternoon at Michaelmas Cay I (Ryan) went to dive school with Dad. It was awesome! We saw loads of clams and fishes. I had to wear a weight belt like Dad. We tested me with only one weight, but I still floated so I had wear two weights - each one was one kilogram.


We swam around the reef checking things out from a fish's perspective. There were Bat Fish and Parrotfish. I saw a whole group of at least two dozen Parrotfish munching away at the coral and you could hear them eating it like, Crunch, Crunch, Crunch, Crunch etc etc etc!




The coral was great, but I really liked finding a turtle and swimming slowly with it under water while taking this picture! It eventually swam away from us.



You have to be careful when you use the PowerDive or things can go wrong. Dad told me the key rules are:

1) Always dive with someone with experience;
2) Never dive too deep;
3) Clear your ears on the way down;
4) Breathe normally underwater; and
5) Never ever come up faster than your bubbles!

The strange thing about diving was that it was warmish up near the surface and cold down near the sea bed. I hope we can go diving again soon...

No comments: