Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Dolphin Feeding at Tin Can Bay

Yesterday the kids and I got up at stupid o'clock and marched at double-time down the road for the Dolphin Feeding at the Barnacles Dolphin Centre in Tin Can Bay. It was a 'groundhog day' moment for me as we had done the exact same thing the day before, but those pesky wild dolphins must have got some water in their wrist watches because by 08:30 they hadn't arrived and we were all chilled to the bone (having arrived at 07:00), so we had hightailed it back to Lucey Blue without seeing them.

Yesterday however, they'd obviously got their watches fixed and by 07:30 the two dolphins Mystique and Patch had arrived and were ready for their feed (thank goodness for that because I don't think I'd have been up for a third try ;-)...

 
The pelicans were also hanging about hoping to cash in on the fishy action.


Before I pack it in for the night...we had a beautiful sunset here that I thought I'd show you. I know you are probably sick of my Tin Can Bay/Snapper Creek shots...but I can't help myself. I love the serenity :-)...



I can see me developing a bit of a thing for these panorama shots (thanks for that Tony!!). I am going to have to work on them though because for some reason the Sony α55 is not stitching them together as well as we had hoped.

Night night.

1 comment:

Diane Barnes said...

Fab pics Sam (love that E is keeping her head warm while in the water too) & what an awesome Mum! Not sick of the pics at all. Keep them coming. Hugs. Di