Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Swimming in July at 07:30 am...

If we were back home in Canberra right now, the chances you'd find me swimming in anything other than a temperature controlled, indoor swimming pool are zero. No way, no how, not possible, NOT HAPPENING! But at 07:30 this morning the Lady Musgrave Lagoon was still, and the most amazing shade of blue, and the temperature felt AWESOME (and I'd just crawled out of bed at the time of testing...so that's saying something!).


I hurriedly donned my swimmers and wetsuit (a 3mm summer suit, so nothing significant in terms of keeping me warm)...


...and dove right in. It wasn't even gasp producing. The water felt delicious!


Emily was keen too, so she quickly came to join me...


We stayed in for about half an hour, doing laps of Lucey Blue and just floating about enjoying the scenery (you could clearly see the coral and fish on the bottom, 6 metres below).

Last night we slept with the hatches in our rooms open wide. The roar of the ocean waves crashing into the coral reef surrounding the lagoon is a very, very pleasant way to fall asleep.

I think I could spend the rest of our holiday right here and not regret it at all. I am sure that there are other awesome places to visit too, but the bar has been set very high!

3 comments:

tux said...

I think if mornings looked like that nobody would have a problem getting up early!

Patrice said...

Oh how wonderful to get out of bed and into the ocean. Glorious. Great pics too.

Sam said...

I am actually looking forward to getting up at 07:30 tomorrow, and hoping it will be as beautiful as it was today!

Thanks for your comments guys.

:-)
Sam.